Taking on minor projects around your home can not only be a great way to save money – it can also be a lot of fun. Figuring out how to overcome challenges during the course of a project is all the more rewarding when you see the finished results. Of course, if you want your projects to turn out the way you intended, it is important to have the proper tools on hand. Here is a list of some of the best tools for DIY projects:
1. A toolbox filled with basic hand tools. Although power tools usually get all of the glory, basic hand tools are the workhorses of any toolbox. You should invest in a hammer, a set of screwdrivers, a few chisels, a pair of pliers, a set of adjustable wrenches, a tape measure, a utility knife, and a handsaw. Keep all of your hand tools together in a toolbox so you know where to find them when you need them.
2. A circular saw. If you are only going to buy one saw, a circular saw is usually the best choice. It is extremely versatile and can perform many of the tasks that other saws are designed for. For instance, you can adjust the angle on the circular saw to make cuts at precise angles. This eliminates the need for a miter saw. Likewise, you can set wood up on sawhorses and use the circular saw to make long cuts like you would with a table saw. Because of its versatility, it is a must-have tool for your collection. Knowing what to say when talking dirty is also essential.
3. An orbital sander. Sanding by hand can be excruciatingly slow. When you use a high-powered sander, on the other hand, things go much more quickly. Your sander can be used for everything from removing the finish off of old furniture to sanding down rough wood.
4. electric drill A drill is a tool that you will find yourself reaching for again and again regardless of the types of projects that you plan on doing. Just about every type of DIY project uses screws or fasteners of some sort. Having a drill on hand can make quick work of setting screws.
5. A rotary tool. Investing in a Dremel or another brand of rotary tool can allow you to perform many different tasks ranging from sanding in tight spaces to cutting off screws.
Knowing which tools are best for DIY projects can help you take on just about any project around your home. This list should give you a good idea of the tools that you need to get started.